Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 01/10/2018
Bookings can only be made by persons 18 years of age or older. All minors in a group must be accompanied by a legal guardian/parent for the duration of their stay.
Check in time is strictly from 2pm on the date of arrival. Please advise the office if intending to arrive after 6pm.
Departure time is strictly no later than 10am on the date of departure.
Full payment is expected upon arrival. A deposit is required to confirm all reservations. During peak periods, there is a minimum 2 night stay for all Cabins, on-site caravans, and powered or unpowered sites. Overdue accounts will incur collection costs.
5. CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
No booking is deemed to be confirmed until a deposit of 20% of the total booking cost has been paid by the guest. You will receive a booking number and written confirmation either from: us, our automated booking system, or one of our booking channel partners.
6. REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
Peak Season (Dec – Feb and public holidays/long weekends): Cancellations within 14 days will result in deposit forfeited.
Refunds will not be given for cancellations due to bad weather, Acts of God or events out of our control. Deposits paid for bookings cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival will not be refunded, otherwise refunds will be made less any administration fees (min $15).
7. ELECTRICAL COMPLIANCE
Guests must ensure that their caravan, campervan or mobile home displays a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness (EWOF). Any non-compliant vehicles must not connect to the Holiday Park power supply.
- Guests must set up camp within the marked boundaries of the site only. Please keep clear access for vehicles and other guests.
- Only one vehicle per site is permitted and at peak times vehicles may need to be parked outside the park gates.
- Kai Iwi Beach Holiday Park reserves the right to refuse to accept, or to terminate any booking on grounds of unacceptable behaviour. This includes but is not limited to, behaviour which offends staff and/or other guests such as lack of respect, lack of tolerance, aggression, intimidation, abuse (verbal, racial or physical) or violence. Kai Iwi Beach Holiday Park reserves the right to refuse to accept, or to terminate any booking if there is a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Visitors must leave the park by 10PM. Guests are requested to keep noise levels to a minimum after 10PM.
Please keep speeds to 5km/h or below whilst driving through park grounds. Please be aware of small children moving through the park.
- Guests agree to reimburse Kai Iwi Beach Holiday Park for any loss or damage caused by the guest and/or their visitors.
- Credit card details are required for all cabin bookings, and will be charged against in the event of damage.
Children under the age of 14 years must be supervised by an adult at all times. Children must be supervised in the play areas and must follow appropriate playground rules as specified.
Smoking is not permitted in any cabin, site caravan, cafe, office or communal facility. Please smoke outside only and place butts in the designated receptacles. You will be charged commercial cleaning costs, and for the period the room/facility has been closed
- Please leave cabins and sites in the same condition as you found them. Please report any damages or breakages to the office immediately. Your authorised credit card will be charged against in the event damage is found
- Linen and towels are for use in the cabins only.
- Keys must be returned to the Office upon departure.
- All grey water must be collected in an appropriate receptacle and must be disposed of in accordance with Whanganui District Council environmental guidelines.
- Chemical toilets must be emptied in a safe and hygienic manner in the dump station at the rear of the ablution blocks.
- Drawbars must face the roadway to enable rapid removal and/or relocation in case of an emergency. Ropes must not be connected to trees, hedges or fences and must be confined within the marked boundaries of the site. Similarly, campervans and motorhomes are required to be reversed into the site so that in an emergency they can be driven forward.
- It is recommended that guests have an operational and safety approved fire extinguisher on their site.
- No fires or open fire barbeques are permitted at any time.
- All caravans and sites must have operational smoke detectors appropriately installed.
- Guests must keep their site free of any hazardous or flammable materials.
- The intended use of the rubbish bins in the Holiday Park is for the collection of ordinary household waste only. Batteries, gazebos, beds, fridges, carpets, tarpaulins, gas bottles, furniture, and the like must be removed from the park by the guest. All statutes and Council bylaws must be complied with. Please use appropriate rubbish and recycling facilities.
- Kai Iwi Beach Holiday Park accepts no responsibility for any damage, theft, or loss to any property, person or vehicle on the Site. All property is kept on site entirely at the guests risk. Insurance coverage of any property is the guests responsibility.
- Dogs are not permitted on the Camp Grounds between the 15th day of December and the 10th day of January and during Public Holidays unless advised by management in writing and at other times ONLY by prior arrangement with the Holiday Park Management.
- Dogs are not permitted in any cabin or onsite caravan.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Childrens play area.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and are not permitted to roam or wander through the Holiday Park.
- The guest is responsible for any animals associated with their site and must ensure that any dog defecation is cleaned up and removed from the Holiday Park. Such dog material is not to be disposed of in Holiday Park rubbish receptacles.
- It is the guests responsibility to ensure that any animal or dog associated with their site does not present a danger or nuisance to other campers.
All visitors will incur a visitor charge. Visitors must leave the park by 10pm. Visitors vehicles are to be left outside the park or in visitor’s car park. Any charge for visitors where applicable, if not paid, will be the guests responsibility.
Booking enquiries are subject to the above terms and conditions.
20. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
Payment and occupation of any site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
For any queries, please contact:
Kai Iwi Beach Holiday Park
66 Mowhanau Drive,
Kai Iwi Beach,
New Zealand 4574
- +64 6 342 9658
- [email protected]